Property & Casualty Insurance Producer - Insurance Agent (Hanford, Chowchilla)
About the Job
Property & Casualty (P&C) sales agents act as intermediaries between insurance companies and insurance buyers, including individuals and business. They advise customers on the insurance policies that best suit their needs. P&C agents specialize in Commercial Property, Commercial Auto, General Liability and Worker’s Compensation insurance, or they may be well versed in several forms of insurance coverage.
In order to sell insurance, agents must obtain a license from the state in which they operate. This requires completing pre-licensing coursework and passing a state-sanctioned exam.
Provides service to clients’ changing insurance needs by selling commercial property & casualty insurance.
Insurance Agent Job Duties:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of financial well-being.
- Determines clients’ particular needs and financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and investments; ascertaining long-term goals and covering a variety of risks.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Obtains underwriting approval by completing application for coverage.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy; planning future follow-up visits and evaluations of needs.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both client and carrier.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
Insurance Agent Skills and Qualifications:
Prospecting Skills, Meeting Sales Goals, Motivation for Sales, Selling to Customer Needs, Client Relationships, People Skills, Product Knowledge, General Math Skills, Organization, Dependability, Statistical Analysis
Our benefits packages will help to protect your health and well-being, as well as provide long-term financial planning opportunities. Offerings may include:
- 401(K) plus matching
Apply for this job.